Life has a way of changing you, and the way you see yourself.
This year was no different than any other year – it was filled with highs and lows. I experienced both heartache and great happiness. However, it did teach me a few things about myself. Things that I may have been unsure about or was unaware of.
Here are 10 things I learned about myself:
- I’m stronger than I think I am. I’ve been through a lot this year and even though some days I want to throw the towel in, I don’t! I’m not a quitter at the end of the day.
- I can function off little to no sleep. I’ve never been much of a sleeper, but I didn’t think at this age I could still pull an all-nighter. When the only time you get to yourself is after everyone falls asleep, it’s easy to get sucked into Netflix. Next thing you know, it’s time to get your child ready for school.
- I don’t give myself enough credit. I have to meet myself where I am. I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I’m doing pretty good.
- I don’t really like people. The more I hang around people, the more I realize I don’t like them lol. People will drain you if you let them. It seems like nowadays most people just want to know what can you do for them.
- I have no clue what I enjoy doing. I’m not sure what I want to do with my life. What’s my calling? What’s the one thing I would do every day and not care if I get paid for it?
- I neglect myself too often. A little me time never hurt anyone. I have to make time to take care of myself. After all, how can I take care of everyone else if I’m not at my best?
- I need to say No more. People will take advantage of you if you let them. There’s a difference between being a help and being an enabler. It’s ok to be selfish from time to time. Self-preservation is the first law of nature.
- I need a hobby. I want to find something that I can lose myself in for hours. I once read that you should have 3 hobbies. One that makes you money, one that keeps you in shape, and one that lets you be creative.
- I’ve outgrown a lot of stuff. Certain things just don’t interest me anymore. I’m fine with spending my time with a few close friends and family.
- I’m the bomb. Period lol just kidding, but really. I’m a good hearted woman who gets the job done.
I would love to hear one thing you learned about yourself this year. Let me know in the comments. If you don’t know now might be a good time to think about it.
…til next time.